Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Two years ago today...

Little Man,
Two years ago today, you came into this world and oh what a precious boy you are. I was so excited to hear them say, "It's a boy!" that day- and you are definitely all boy. You love to play any kind of ball- and we think you are so good at it! Your daddy and I know you have a future in basketball! You also love dirt as much as anything else in life! You are your happiest when you are not just playing in the dirt, but rolling in it. It keeps me laughing- and keeps me pretreating laundry.
You have looked like your daddy from the first day, and you continue to favor him in so many ways. I think that's why you and I have such a special bond. I'm crazy about both of you! You have so much adoration for your big brother, we can see that in the way that you mimick him, wrestle him, and love on him. You have a tender heart, even though you are a pretty tough kid. I love our cuddle times every morning and our reading time every night.
These past two years have almost been a blur. You've changed so much- you're talking so well now, and asserting your independence. I know that this next year will be so much fun- I'll try to savor every moment. You are my joy, Joo Joo- my smiley boy.

Happy 2nd Birthday. I love you,
Mommie

3 comments:

fab5 said...

Happy belated B-day Jonah! What a sweet post for a sweet little boy! Oh how the years fly by-wish we could keep'em little forever!

Lorilu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J! Hope you had a special day!

hot potato said...

what a great picture of him dirty! he is adorable. i hope you had a a nice time all together. happy birthday little guy.