Thursday, November 8, 2007

Loving These Autumn Days

Well, October has come and gone- and I'm left asking, "What happened?" This beautiful fall season is passing by all too quickly. Here's a recap of our October...

I had to have my sweet boys pose in front of my pumpkins- I saw this on Martha Stewart years ago and have always wanted to use pumpkins as a base for fall mums- loved it- until the pumpkins started going bad! My mom came for a 10-day visit! She got here a couple of days before Jas headed off for a 10-day elk hunt. We loved every minute of our time together. We got tons of projects done around the house (more on that later).
The boys loved their time with Mima- she was so fun. They especially enjoyed the times outside in the leaves.
Despite all of the playing, we did get all these leaves raked up. Now more have fallen, so we'll be doing it all over again this weekend!
Mima brought a puzzle to do with the boys- and also bought them some Diego dominoes. They loved playing games with her. Noah insisted on wearing his bee costume around the house several days before Halloween!
Noah's learning how to wink!
For Halloween, Jonah was Pooh bear and Noah was a honey bee. Noah loved running around "buzzing" with his antennae and stinger in the back. Special thanks to my old coworker friend, Linda, for the hand-me-down costume. It was a hit. Jonah, however, wasn't big on dressing up. It must be an age issue- Noah hated it last year, too. We attended our church's Trunk or Treat Halloween night. Too fun- puppets, games, music, and of course, CANDY!
I guess I'll start preparing for Thanksgiving now! Wow, time is flying!

7 comments:

fab5 said...

I love your fall pics- especially the wink one! Glad you had such a fun time w/ your mom! I am sure her time here went way too fast!

Kimberly said...

Hey, it's good to see a new post. :) I bet the boys loved having your mom visit.

Anonymous said...

ooooooo good update!! that 'leaf' thing is striking my house too :)

love ya, mis mel

Lorilu said...

Yes - it HAS gone rather quickly I agree. Christmas is knocking at our door! Great shots. Looks like your enjoying your back yard! (on the other hand…this is when apt living may have an upside! No maintenance! :)

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! And, I love the idea of the mums and pumpkins. May just have to do that next year. Sounds like you guys had fun with your mom. She looks like a fun grandma!

Good to see you today...

Anonymous said...

I just love fall -- and your pumpkins. Super cute! You're training you're boys well. K :)

Candace Sweigart said...

Great pictures, looks like you guys are really enjoying the fall! I love the cute costume pictures.

C