Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Two Larry Boys

When my mom came for a visit in October, she brought N & J the Veggie Tales Larry Boy and the Bad Apple DVD. They love it. They watched it almost daily for several weeks- a couple of times a day the first week! They also have run around the house saying Larry Boy's key statement, "I AM THAT HERO!" They've argued in the car over which of them is Larry Boy. So, we've assured them that there can be two Larry Boys. Now Jonah walks around telling me, "Two Warree Boys." It's too funny. Since Noah started Cubbies (part of our church's Awanas program) in September, he's had a Bible verse to memorize each week and recite to his table leader. Several weeks ago the verse was from Psalm 139:14- "I am wonderfully made." We worked on learning this verse for a couple of days. Of course, he wouldn't say it correctly- it hasn't been uncommon for him to refuse to repeat the verses for me. I tried to prompt him, "I am..." And he happily yelled, "DAT HERO!" I just laughed. Then, every time that I tried to tell him his verse he'd say, "No, Mom, my berse is I AM DAT HERO!"

Evidently they accepted his form of the verse- or he said it correctly for them- because he came home with his page signed and a new patch for his vest!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

oh, my gosh . . . that is so precious! I'm happy we have a boy now. :)