
Then she hugged the boys again. First she noticed Noah's shirt and said, "I'm the big brother."
She hesitated a moment, looked at Jonah's shirt, and read, "I'm the big...what the heck? WHAT THE HECK?" "You turkey, you turkey!" It was priceless!
So happy to have the camera clicking to catch her expression!
Once we got back home, we took a picture of Jonah to send to my dad's cell phone.
Unfortunately he couldn't tell what was on Jonah's shirt- we learned this when he FINALLY called on Saturday afternoon. We told him to check his e-mail because the boys had sent him a photo greeting...
I expected for him to call us immediately... but he didn't. We went to church that night and finally heard from Dad around 8:30.
I guess he saw the picture of the boys and thought they both looked so big. He went down to Tom & Kathi's (my 2nd parents, as I refer to them!) house for dinner after checking his e-mail. He told them about the cute picture that he'd been sent and how both boys had grown so much and that they were both wearing "I'm the Big Brother" shirts. Ms. Kathi looked at Dad and said, "So Andrea's pregnant?" My dad just stopped and said, "I hadn't even thought of that. I guess I need to go find out!" Tom & Kathi laughed so hard. She said that my dad's face was hysterical! She and Mr. Tom both said, "Duh!" I guess Tom said my dad got out of there pretty quick.
So when Dad called, I answered and he says, "What's up with two big brothers?" And I said, "Well, we have two big brothers- we'll know what we're having around May 10!" He thought it was great and we all got a good laugh about how clueless he was with our e-mail photo! Thanks, Ms. Kathi for helping to fill him in! I'm so glad that she and Mr. Tom got to be there when Dad figured it out!
10 comments:
well i'm a duh too. i did the same thing your dad did, but i did figure it out.......congrats!
love you, miss melanie
lol that is so funny! I love that you got to tell your mom in person, and her face is priceless! congratulations! I'm sure the boys are thrilled as well! Will y'all be in DeRidder for Christmas?
That's great!
That story is hilarious!
congrats on the new baby. your mom looks so cute in that picture when she finally figured it out. it's priceless.
Yay Andrea! Rachel told me the news! So happy for you and your good-lookin' family.
That is so funny!
Hey, I got a message from Ginger on Facebook- I'll tell you about it later!
So happy for you guys!
Andrea,
This is such fantastic news! Congrats! :) I am just so excited for you and can't wait to celebrate with you.
Candace
Great announcement - so creative :)K
Congrats :) I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment