Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ava Marie

Our sweet baby girl was born yesterday morning just before 8:00am. She was 10.4 ounces and 9 3/4 inches long. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. We know that she is in heaven with Jesus, and being loved on by her Grandma & Grandpa W, and her Granny & Pop. But oh, how we long to love on her, too. We look forward to the day when we have that precious opportunity, we just have to wait longer than we expected. Here's the beautiful profile picture that we saw for the first time in December.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
~Psalm 34:18

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
~Psalm 147:3

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
~Lamentations 3:22-26, 32

19 comments:

Kara said...

Oh no, Andrea! I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nicole said...

wonderful post. thank you for sharing her picture and for the verses. HE provides such healing in these times...thank goodness! love you all so much. thank you for letting me love on your boys.

Brenton-Encinas Trio said...

Is there anything you can say when something like this happens other than I'm sorry for your loss and your pain. I wish I could do something to lessen your pain. Its a good thing we know Ava Marie is with our Savior no sweeter place to be.My prayers and thoughts have been with you.

Anonymous said...

Andread- I am so sorry for the loss of Ava. I am praying for you and the family. I pray God will continue to give comfort and strength, and a peace.

Life As I Know It said...

My heart broke when I heard the news. There really isn't anything I can say to make your pain easier. Just know that we are so sorry. We love you and are praying for your family.

Andrea said...

We were so sad to hear about the loss of sweet baby Ava. Please know that you will be in our continued thoughts and prayers. May you continue to find rest and peace in the strength of the Lord.

Alisha Beverly said...

I am so sorry and heartbroken over your loss Andrea. I wish there was a switch to turn off the pain. But just know I am praying for you and rejoicing that baby Ava is with her Lord and Savior!

Melanie said...

love you and praying for peace & comfort that i know God supplies when it's needed! miss melanie

fab5 said...

My heart is broken for your family! I will continue to pray for God's grace and strength in the days ahead. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING that we can do for you.

Candace Sweigart said...

Andrea,

I just love you so much and am praying for your family. This post was so beautiful and must have been terribly difficult for you to write. I'm so so sorry for your loss and wish that I had words to say that would comfort you. But know that I am here and I love you, and of course I'm praying for you.

Love you,
Candace

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is broken for you. I know it must be so difficult. Praise the Lord for his Word and that He can provide comfort during this time. I have been and will continue to be praying for you and Jason and the boys. Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

Anonymous said...

Andrea and Jason, I pray you know how precious your family is to us. You know our hearts are aching for you as you continue to grieve. Your precious girl is truly an Angel Baby, little Ava Marie. That has to be the most beautiful profile picture I've ever seen. Simply Beautiful. We love you and Ava so much and are in awe of the way you have demonstrated Christ to others as you trust in Him through this devastating time. Much Love and Prayers, darc

Kelly said...

Andrea, Andy and I were so sad to hear about Ava. Our prayers are with you all. I can't wait to meet sweet Ava up in heaven one day! We pray that the Lord will comfort and hold you, and send earthly angels to bless you in everyway possible. We love you guys, and were so glad to see you at Christmas!

Kim said...

My eyes are filled with tears, oh girl how we love you and can't imagine your pain. We will be on our knees for your peace and I can't wait to wrap my arms around you. What a testimony of love and faith you've voiced. K

Jen said...

Andrea, My eyes are filled with tears as I read your post and all of these comments. the verses you wrote are so so true. the lord is so good and how wonderful to know that little ava is waiting with jesus until you are reunited one day. you are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to grieve for your loss.

The Shillingburg's said...

We've been thinking about you for the past couple of weeks. My heart is just broken for you. God is so faithful, but it's still ok to hurt. Love you...

scarlett said...

Andrea, your words are so beautiful. The hope that you share is inspiring. I pray that the Lord binds up your wounds until you can hold that beautiful baby again.

Kimberly said...

Andrea,

Can you just imagine how much fun our little ones are having right now? :)

Tara Smith said...

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that we are praying for you!