I have never sobbed so hard or cried so many tears as I have over the past 12 days. This has truly been the hardest thing that Jason and I have ever been through. But, I must say that I have never experienced God's peace the way I have through the loss of our sweet Ava.
The day that we delivered our baby girl was an incredible day. Incredibly hard and emotional, but still so good. We felt God's peace and mercy in a new and awesome way. We actually were able to smile and laugh throughout the day. We had friends and family across the country praying for us and God was so faithful. I can't even explain it. It was truly a precious day. I'm thankful for the time we had with Ava, to look at her in awe of God's creation- and to tell her goodbye. I'm jealous for the time that our grandparents are having with her in heaven now, but I know that she is happy and healthy. Jesus is loving on her for us. And He is loving on us through this, too.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:7
15 comments:
Love you!!
Andrea, this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being so transparent and sharing your heart. My heart hurts deeply for you and Jason. I wish I could do something to help take your pain away. I am so happy to hear that her birthday was an incredible day for you. God truly is amazing and always shows His grace through the most difficult of times. We serve an awesome God! I'm praying for you right now. Your sister in Christ, Chrisanna
You are one strong wife, mother and woman! Thank you for sharing about your precious Ava. I have been and will continue to pray for you and your family.
we love you andrea and jason. i am so thankful that God is comforting you through this time. hugs to you and your boys.
I saw you on saturday night while we were singing revelation song and almost lost it. you looked so at peace. i know this has to be hard for you but your words are such a witness to who god is. his strength, his grace, his peace and his love.
God is so amazing, isn't He? I'm still raying for God to grant you that daily dose of His grace & peace......He IS faithful!!!!
At choir tonight, Lesley Hooks told me you had posted Ava. How precious this is and what an encouragement to all who read it. Praying for you all and loving you!
My heart just aches for you guys. It is so good to hear that you are resting in that peace that passes understanding. We have such an awesome God. Thank you for sharing your heart. I will be in continued prayer for you.
Oh Girlie, I love you so much! You are such a Good, Wonderful and Beautiful Mamma. Ava is beautiful just like her Mommy, such precious and perfect little feet too! Keep trusting my Dear Friend, i'm praying that as you draw near to God, He will draw near to you. (james) Love you, darc
Oh Andrea,
This post is so beautiful. I'm so encouraged by your courage and strength during this time. I look up to you and just think the world of you for being able to be so strong. I wish that I could take the pain away from you. Please know that I am here for you and I care deeply for you. Your family is in my thoughts this week.
Love you,
Candace
Very well put and what a sweet photo! I know you were struggling on what, IF and when to post. Great job. Bless you Andrea. So glad you were able to have time with sweet your Ava I love you and there's not a day that passes that you come to my mind. Take your time in getting back into the swing of life. No hurry. It's your moment to take when you're ready. Let me know if I can do anything for you all.
Hey girl,
You guys are still in our prayers and I just wanted to let you know that it DOES get easier. Her picture is sooo cute!
I'm thinking about you today. I hope you are having a good day and that as time has been passing, it is getting slightly easier for you. I love you and am here if you need anything at all!
Im thinking and praying for your this weekend as your due date comes.
Andrea, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you in the hard days to come.
Sarah
Post a Comment