Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One

Our baby turned one on the 8th...
 The cake and cupcakes were so girlie... (yea! we love having a girl in the house)



 There were plenty of gifts...
 Lots of friends...

An ample amount of help opening gifts...



 There was the traditional singing of "Happy Birthday!"
 And a complete meltdown!
 I don't know if it was all the attention, but she did not want anything to do with her cake.  Even a little bit of icing wasn't encouraging her to dig in!
 So, after everyone else enjoyed their cupcakes, Livi decided she might give one a try...
 And she really liked it!
 Of course, everyone knows that cake is best with milk...
 Thanks for the kitchen, Mima and Papa- Livi and her brothers love it!


At one year, you are a dainty 19 lbs, but you are 31 inches tall!  The doctor tells us you are on your way to being a "tall, slender, girl!"  You have 3.5 teeth and you are using several signs (more, all finished, night-night) and you have learned to say "cracker," "thank you," "daddy," "hi," "bye-bye," "more," and "night-night."  Every morning when I walk into your room, you reach up from your crib and say, "hiiiiieeee!"  You love to sing and you adore your baby dolls.  You have a special bond with your brothers, and Noah (in particular) always makes you laugh and smile.  You are a momma's girl through and through, but you have so much fun with your daddy.   I cannot believe how fast this year has gone.  We are so happy to have you with us, sweet baby girl.  Happy Birthday, Olivia Marie!  We love you so much!


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I was excited to see this post! Happy Birthday to a precious little girl. :) She's still beautiful inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I recently came across your site and it seems you have a genuine concern about health and informing others about healthy habits. I have an article/event that I would like to submit in regards to informing the younger generation about health. It is about dancing and how it can be a fun way for kids to exercise. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families. I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy. If you have any questions feel free to contact me! I look forward to hearing from you!


Thank you,
Emily Patterson
Communications Coordinator
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Anonymous said...

Andrea, we were so happy to see your blogspot. We've not kept in touch since we left Deridder. You and your family are, and will always be, so special to us. You have a beautiful family. We'd love it if you came for a visit here in West Virginia!:) Happy belated birthday to Livi....David and Joanie Cushing.