We were just about 30 minutes away from our camp spot Friday night, when the flat tire graced us. The boys didn't mind the extra time watching dad work and playing in the sagebrush.
Around 4pm on Saturday, we finally made it to our camping spot. Here's our new 9-man tent. Actually, it fits the four of us quite nicely- room for Little Man's pack-and-play, our queen-size air mattress, and the single mattress for Bugga.
The boys just loved being outside. Little Man pulled this stake out of the ground and was happily tromping around camp with it. In the meantime, Bugga helped Daddy collect wood for the campfire...


Isn't that the cutest pic of the three of them hauling the wood? The gathering trip before this one, Noah actually carried some wood himself- I guess he was getting tired at this point and wanted a ride on dad's shoulders. I don't blame him- I would have, too!
It got down in the 40s on Saturday night, but we slept pretty well. Plenty of blankets for everyone. The boys woke up around 7:30 and Jas graciously took them hiking and let me sleep in...
Here's Noah, the hiker. He loves to go on trails and see all the sights. At one point, they heard a noise and he said, "You hear dit? Wha's dat?" Jas told him it was a squirrel. Noah replied, "A squirl? Let's get outta here!"
I woke up around 9:30 hearing these words outside the tent, "Boys, don't squish him. Be gentle. You squeezed him too hard- now he's pooping. Don't put him in your food!" I thought, "what in the world?" I got up and the boys had found a fuzzy little catepillar crawling around. Of course, they couldn't keep their hands off. On the far left, they're just watching him crawl around. The next pic, Noah is trying to feed the catepillar a berry- saying, "Eat, eat!" Jonah's poking him with a stick. The poor thing actually lived through it all and we finally released him back into the "wild."
Above, part of the hike with dad... did I mention that they love it?
Part of the purpose of our trip was for Jas to get some hydrology work done at four stations there in the Valley. We hung out and played around while he worked. The boys were never bored- far too many rocks and too much dirt for boredom!
Noah told us that his alligator likes to eat rocks. Here he is shoving the appropriate-sized rocks down the gator's mouth into his belly. I wish I had a picture of the hand-full of rocks that I dug out of that poor animal!
We tried to get a good Mother's Day picture of me and the boys. Bugga wouldn't hear of it, though. So, Jonah and I got a quick pic- isn't the backdrop gorgeous?
7 comments:
I was wondering where you ran off too! FUN!
So awesome seeing your great camping pictures. Little Jonah is getting HUGE! What a terrible start to your weekend though. I'm glad that you guys were able to get through it and actually get some camping done. Last year on CJ's birthday, we went camping and he got a flat tire, backed into a tree, and on the way home the car overheated spewing oil all over the place. It was boiling hot and we were so cranky that day, but it is my favorite camping trip experience ever :) Funny how the bad things that happen end up making great memories. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your family is adorable :)
that was awesome......thanks for sharing!
love ya, miss melanie
looks like you all had a great time.
What a fun trip! I am happy you got some time away from Boise and into the mountains for some relaxation and quiet.
Love the pictures! :)
Glad you all are back! You will have to check out our camping adventure on our blog. Come swimming soon!
Post a Comment