Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Swimming for the fishes!

Thanks to Grandma, our boys are in swimming lessons! It was part of her Christmas gift to them, and also a Valentines gift. We are halfway through our second session and the boys love it! Since they are both so young (and only 15 months apart), they are in the same class- a mommy and me class. Luckily, Ms. Sue (their instructor) is able to help out with N while I hold J. Otherwise, it would just be chaos!

I love seeing those smiles while they are learning to feel comfortable in the water. Sue does a great job making the learning part a lot of fun!

Bumper boats are one of their favorite activities. What boys don't like to slam into each other?
One of the things I like most about these lessons is that the boys are getting accustomed to wearing life jackets during part of the class. This will be especially useful when we spend time at the lake this summer!
Here they are in the "boat"- I keep waiting for one of the kids to puke when we spin it around. That will be the day that I quickly exit the pool and building- hopefully Jas will be there to handle the kids if that happens!
After every lesson, the boys get a gummy fish from Ms. Sue. This is by far their favorite part of the hour! So, yes, I've been bribing N to get him to attempt to blow "nose bubbles." We're making progress, though!
Thank you, Grandma Janice! What a great gift- not just for the fun we have, but also the skills the boys are learning. It's so important that they learn to be safe in the water.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've been wanting to do swim lessons with my little ones but wasn't sure how I would balance the 4 year old, 2 year old, and baby. It helps to see what you did. :)

melanie said...

isn't it amazing what young children can learn to do in the water? i absolutely LOVE teaching 2-5 yr olds. it's so much fun to see the difference after about the 2nd day! love ya, miss melanie

Candace Sweigart said...

Ooh they are so adorable :) I love these pictures and I think its awesome that you are getting them swimming early. I know a lot of older kids have a much harder time when they begin later.
Great blog post :) and I miss you tons!

C