Since I recently turned 30, I've heard several times, "Don't worry, 30 is the new 20." What? Why would I want to go through my 20s again? Don't get me wrong- I had some wonderful times in my twenties- I met the love of my life, got married, and had my two sweet babies. However, my twenties also had their fair share of insecurities and worries since I tend to be a "people-pleaser." There are several "wounds" that I carried around from earlier in life and let dictate my responses. One simple example is the manicurist that told me I had "man hands" when I went to get my nails done- of course, he reassured me that I'd leave his shop with "woman hands." Silly, I know. But since that time, I've been a little self-conscious about my hands- not anymore! In this decade, my thirties, I'm letting go of the baggage and the petty worries. So, yes, I've painted my nails four times this past week- including a bright red, and a horrible hot pink. It's an experiment. An experiment with freedom- to unabashedly draw attention to my hands- the perfectly proportioned hands that God gave me.
My mom told me that I'm going to love my thirties. I'm planning on it!
10 comments:
and you will!!! love you, miss melanie
Hey, glad to see you are posting again! I can't believe he told you that- did he want to get a tip?! I think your hands are beautiful, just like the rest of you! Love you!
Ok, I have always LOVED your hands! Your fingers are very elegant looking and I think that the manicurist was lame for telling you that. :)
Man hands? What? I have been looking at your hands for many years now and never have I once thought that. I wonder what he would have said about my short and stubby hands!?! Thirty rocks and I should know since I've been rocking it for the past year!
Love ya, Lizzy
I agree... I think the 30s is going to be great! MAN HANDS??? Are you kidding me?? Next time I'm in Idaho I'll slap him if you want me to. ;0) Angel
I am turning 30 next month and am looking forward to what it brings. The twenties were good for me as well but have also had some tumultuous times. I am looking forward to the 30s bringing some stability and good change. I have truly enjoyed fostering our friendship and have loved our talks. Let's keep them going! Love you.
If you love turning 30 you'll REALLY love 40!
I agree. There are "wounds" in my past that I have had let go of the last few years - so good for you! You're a decade ahead of me! :)
You go girl! I just want to see neon orange fingernails! While out celebrating on my last b-day someone asked if I was celebrating my 35th. I thought I was going to DIE! 32 is SO far from 35!
You have inspired me to get my nails done as well. Actually 30's have been pretty good so far. Happy Late Birthday.
I love being in my 30's. Much better than the trialsome 20's (although I am thankful for the growth).
You will love it!
Post a Comment