Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thanks, Mima!


It was one of those days today- the kind of days when my youngest pulled out the DVDs four times within an hour, when neither of the boys would eat what I served them for lunch, when whining is abundant and you feel like everyone needs a nap just an hour after waking up... So, I decided we needed to have a focused activity. And thanks to my mom, we had some pipe cleaners and large wooden beads that she sent for Valentines. The boys thought it was great fun. The two year old had no problem choosing his beads and sliding them along his green and yellow pipe cleaners. My one year old, however, thought it was more fun to throw the beads on the floor. So, we worked out a deal- he handed the beads to me and I threaded them for him. All along, I assumed we were making necklaces, or maybe bracelets, but to my surprise, when my oldest was finished, he proudly announced, "Look, issa sssnake, Mom!" I'm sure their dad is proud that instead of necklaces, his boys made snakes today. Here's a pic of the boys and their "snakes" and mom and her necklace!

3 comments:

Lorilu said...

I love it! Great idea Mima! I think you should wear that to church!Looks nice!

Candace Sweigart said...

You are SO gorgeous. This is such a sweet picture and I love the idea. I posted your pic on my blog...hope you don't mind. Love you and have a great weekend!
-Can

Kimberly said...

Your project has inspired me to do some creative crafts with my girls. I just bought a bunch of pipe cleaners, craft sticks, and construction paper. Oh, by the way, I made it easier to access my blog -- let me know if you have any more troubles! :)