Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh No, More Snow!

This morning we woke up to this! Ugh.
I'm so ready for spring- maybe it's my southern blood, because the azaleas and dogwoods should be blooming by now down in Louisiana. I must say that I have a deeper appreciation for spring now- since we've had so much snow this winter. Here's a glimpse of our snow fun this year...
It's amazing to me how instinctive it is for kids to eat snow. We didn't tell them to do this, it's just a natural curiosity, I suppose. Of course, the day Noah was licking the snow off the driveway, I had to draw the line. Yuck!The hat that Noah's wearing in the picture below is his all-time favorite. It's endearing to me because this hat belonged to a family friend, Scott, when he was little. He's a junior in college now, but the hat lives on. I'm sure it saw more snow this winter in Idaho than it saw all those years in Louisiana!Noah loved the snow and couldn't get enough. Jonah, however, tolerated it. Oh sometimes he enjoyed it, but by mid-January everytime you put a coat on him he'd cry, "No, I don't want to go in the snow!"Our backyard... And finally, in February we were able to build a snowman. The snow was so dry earlier in the season that we couldn't get it to stay packed together.
He's just a little guy, but the boys loved him. They preferred to knock over the larger snowmen we tried to make!
His scarf is hand-made from Honduras- probably no other snowman in the valley could tout that! So now that this post is finally done, may Spring come and know that it will not have to compete with Winter's snow for space on my blog. The forecast calls for 70 degrees on Saturday- that's what I'm ready for!

6 comments:

Lorilu said...

Nothin like a Spring Snow Man! I couldn't believe when they said we would have snow this AM last night. What I really couldn't believe is that they we actually CORRECT!

Rachel said...

I hear you- I am so ready for spring! Glad I'll get to see you in a week! Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

sorry to say that the dogwood and azalias are bloomed and gone. it was beautiful! ;just move back this way and you can enjoy it next year! :)

love you, miss melanie

Mama Lisa said...

cute pictures. you must live somewhere cold like idaho or something.

hot potato said...

i am soooo with you. i have been cursing the temps for weeks now--seems like they don't want to budge. whenever i heard the forecast for this weekend, i about skipped outside right then... then i thought to myself, "beth, saturday..wait till saturday."

your boys are handsome little fellas. cute pics.

fab5 said...

Cute snow pics! Hope you don't get a chance to take another until at least November! I am REALLY hoping that I missed the last of the cold weather- oh yeah this is Idaho! Have fun on your trip!