Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Get on the bus!

Yes, I did it! I had a date with my oldest son to see the Doodlebops! A friend gave us free tickets, and I knew he'd love it, so we went two Sundays ago. I was completely shocked at the number of people there- considering the ticket prices started at $21 and you had to pay for any one a year or older! They were very high energy and fun and I couldn't tell if my oldest was enjoying himself or not. He sat in my lap the entire time just watching- no expression, just taking it in. I kept asking if he wanted to go home- he looked a little miserable. He'd just reply, "No, wanna see Doodlebops wight there." So, we stayed. Evidently he loved it. He's still been talking about it over a week later. One thing is for sure, I loved having the quality time with him- I don't get one-on-one time with him much. I know someday he'll jump up and down at those type of events, maybe even dance, but I was a very happy mom to get to cuddle with my 2 1/2 year old for an hour!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey......natalie and I went to the doodlebops in tulsa.....GREAT show. i really loved it! and your blog is wonderful......love you, miss mel

Anonymous said...

oh, and william went too.....hahaha :)

Daniel Martin said...

doodlebops.....wow.....you are a mom. :)

Lorilu said...

What a great Mommy you are! There's nothing like watching your little one enjoying a 'show' that's just for them. I remember seeing 'Blues Clues' on stage in California with N when he was two....it was priceless! Glad to see you posting! You're passing me up! LOL

Kimberly said...

I really understand what you mean about spending quality time with one of your kids. With three I constantly feel like I need to work on that. I don't think they are suffering too much though. :)

Candace Sweigart said...

So cute! You are such a cool Mommie!

Candace Sweigart said...

Hey there Sweetie! Hope you have a great weekend.

Love ya,
Candace