Monday, July 9, 2007

7•7•7 A Perfect Family Day

Saturday we took a day trip about 1 1/2 hours north- it was a great escape from the heat (only 87 degrees in the mountains). We took a hike and then played in the river. It was so quiet and serene- until the boys got in the water! Then there was the endless giggles, the sound of rocks being thrown into the water, and the "kaboom" commentating on each! It was so much fun just to get out and away and play, play, play!

Jonah just laughed the entire time. He was tickled to be playing in the water with all the sticks and stones! This is Noah, our "river police." He made sure to tell each of us when to stop and when we could go!

Hydrologist hubby took the opportunity to show the boys some aquatic insects on the bottom of the river rocks. "Oooo yeah- dat's a big guy!" -NoahWow, boys really do love the outdoors. I think Noah could hike for hours- maybe it's all the dirt, and the sticks, and the rocks, and the bugs? Believe it or not, Little Man did hike for awhile, but he got tired. So, Jonah enjoyed much of the hike on Dad's shoulders. Precious isn't it?
After all the hiking, we stopped for ice cream on the way home- a perfect treat to end the perfect day! It was good for this Mommie's heart to have fun, quality time with all my boys.

7 comments:

Lorilu said...

That does sound like a great family day. Your new blog slide show looks good!

Kimberly said...

Oh, that's so sweet! Those pictures REALLY make me want to take my kids back to nature. Of course, I'm guessing it would be a little different for us with two "girly" girls!

Anonymous said...

that was great! did you check out www.inthemidstofit.blogspot.com

love, melanie

Candace Sweigart said...

Awesome post :) Your kids are adorable..have I ever told you that?

Anonymous said...

The boys and I were in Sarepta last week and I got your blog address from Mom. I got a kick out of your locked door adventure. Now all you need is one more little boy to kick things up a notch! The boys look precious. Glad to see that you are all doing well.

Love, Susan

fab5 said...

Sounds like a fun day! I am glad the boys were such good little troopers! The fun part is always cleaning them, and everything they have come in contact with!

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures. What fun memories. We need to borrow dad so he can help us identify the numerous insects we seem to collect :)