Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's like I have my own pair...


Oh, yes! My sweet hubby will be gone doing some experiments in the field again soon- and he is letting me go back home! The second time this summer. You probably think I'm wimpy because I'm running home to momma just because I can't handle the boys by myself- you're right!

If you remember the egg incident from last time, you may begin to understand why I'm so eager to have some help. However, we will have lots of quality time with Mima, Papa, & Mark; some lake time; a chance to see Brent & Amanda before they move; and hopefully a trip to north Louisiana to see my Mamaw & Papaw (those are my grandparents, for those of you who aren't accustomed to the southern naming). It's sure to be another jam-packed visit, but I will love every minute of it- there really is no place like home!

Thanks, hon! I'll miss you tremendously, but when you return from the field, my sanity will be intact- that's worth every dime spent on those ruby slippers!

7 comments:

Candace Sweigart said...

Great post! :) I'm so glad that you take the time and make the investment to go home and see your family. Your kids love it and it is so good for you guys. Plus I love seeing the post trip blogs :)

I'll miss you while you're gone!

C

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't think you're wimpy! When Jeff is gone I often times find myself at my parents or sisters house (they live here). Single parenthood is not easy and not fun so why not get some help if you can :) Enjoy your time at your parents!

It feels like we haven't seen you guys in so long due to our outstanding attendance in small groups this summer :) How was your scrap night? Ready for another?

fab5 said...

I am so glad that you are able to go home again! It is true there is no place like home, and it does not matter your age. I am so thankful to live close to my family now, but I have to admit that I miss the the lengthy stays. I am praying for a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! It's so nice to go back home. There's nothing like an extra set of 'experienced' hands :)

Lorilu said...

Are you already there? I hope you have a fun time and nobody is in need of the ER this trip! :)

Natalie said...

that's not wimpy at all.... i know what it is like not to have family around to help!!! :) Have fun in BIG D!!

Alaskagirl said...

I hope you have a great time with your family! I know I'm enjoying spending the summer with my folks. Have a fun time!